Pomfret Public Library seeks a Children’s Program Manager to provide age-appropriate library services that promote playful exploration, literacy, and reading readiness, and that are responsive to the needs of the children and families of the community.
- Prepare, schedule, promote and implement programs for children and families, such as story times, Summer Reading, afterschool clubs, performances, etc.
- Maintain a welcoming, inviting and safe children’s space by keeping the children’s room, materials and supplies in order and by creating displays that promote library materials and services
- Contribute to children’s materials selection and collection maintenance
- Represent the library at community events and collaborate with other community organizations (Friends of Pomfret Public Library, schools, Scouts, Abington Social Library, etc.)
- Prepare statistics, reports and grants relating to children’s services
- Perform other typical library duties such as circulation desk functions and customer service, and other duties as assigned
- Creativity and initiative in developing programs and promoting them in the community
- Able to relate well to children of all ages, individually and in groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and courteously with children, caregivers, general public, volunteers and work associates
- Education and/or experience in the fields of early education, reading or library science preferred
Reports to: Library Director
$16.50/hour, avg. 17 hours per week, days and times flexible to accommodate program schedule. Includes Saturday rotation.
Please email resume and letter of interest to:
Laurie Bell, Library Director
Pomfret Public Library
Application deadline: November 24, 2017